NC Capital Area Rally for Recovery
The Capital Area Rally for Recovery is an annual event to celebrate recovery and offer hope to anyone seeking or in need of recovery from Substance Use Disorder. We welcome everyone in the community to join us in our efforts to recognize and promote the wellness recovery brings.
The 7th Annual Capital Area Rally for Recovery will be held Saturday, 9/21/19 10AM—2PM at Mordecai Historical Park
Location: 1 Mimosa Street, Raleigh, NC 27604
Free Lunch, Speakers, Resource Fair, Dancing, Games,
T-shirts, Children’s Activities and Fun for All! For additional information email Rally4Recovery@rcnc.org or call 919.231.0248
This event is being held to raise the profile of recovery by demonstrating to our friends and neighbors, communities, policy makers and the media that we can and do recover from substance use disorder and that when we get well, it benefits our families, communities and nation.
Why a Rally for Recovery?
- Raise the profile of recovery
- Increase understanding of the value of and contributions by persons in recovery to our family, friends, communities, policy makers and media. We can and do recover from alcohol and other drug problems and when we get well, it benefits our families, communities and nation.
By doing so we hope to:
- Remove barriers to recovery for those still suffering from substance use disorders
- Improve the quality of life of those recovering from substance use disorders
- To focus on recovery, not a particular pathway or style
- All pathways and styles of recovery are cause for celebration
- Make this annual rally for recovery event held in Wake County the greatest yet as we battle substance use disorders.
HOW CAN I HELP?
- PARTICIPATE IN PLANNING RALLY.
- CONTRIBUTE FINANCIALLY
- JOIN US FOR THE WALK FOR
- BECOME A COMMUNITY PARTNER
- VOLUNTEER AT THE EVENT.
For information email: firstname.lastname@example.org